Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I’ve noticed a problem with the common areas in the neighborhood; who should I contact?
A:  Issues with the common areas include, but are not limited to, un-mowed grass, dead trees/bushes, ants, broken equipment, downed signage, graffiti, etc.  All issues in the neighborhood’s common areas should be forwarded to the HOA management agent, Leland Management.  Our Community Association Manager will review and take appropriate action.  To contact management, use the Management Contact form to the left, the Homeowner Portal on the Leland Management website, or the contact information below.

Leland Management
1221 Admiralty Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955
Business Hours Phone:    321-549-0953
24 Hr Emergency Phone: 866-263-3987

Q; I’m having issues with the reclaimed water supply and cannot get enough water pressure in my irrigation system to water my lawn.
A: Reclaimed water is managed by Brevard County Utilities.  The Strom Park HOA has no control over the supply.  For questions about reclaimed water, please see the following website:

You may need to supplement watering lawns with a hose/sprinkler during reclaimed water shortages.  Remember to follow the St. Johns River Water Management watering restrictions described on this website:

Brevard County Reclaimed (Reuse) Hotline: 321-733-5634

Q: I’m looking to change the exterior color of the house.  Where do I get a list of HOA-approved colors?
Click here for Current Paint Palette. 

The Paint Palette was updated at the March 2, 2022 meeting.  It is in the above PDF link for viewing.  Although all color numbers/names are Sherwin Williams, many other paint companies can match the color to their brand.

Please always submit and get approval for colors from the approved paint palette before any exterior painting.
Approval is through the Central Viera Community Association ARC.

The ARC has been instructed to only approve colors from the Strom Park Exterior Color Palette.

The body of a house must be a different color than the most immediate neighbor on either side and directly across the street.

Q:  Why didn’t the commons area grass get mowed last week?
A:  Common areas are mowed by the HOA’s contractor once per week during the growing season (April to October) and twice per month in the winter season.  It takes approximately three full working days for the contractor to mow and edge the neighborhood.

To prevent damage to the common areas, such as ruts and scalped grass, the contractor will skip mowing on days and sometimes weeks with unusually heavy rain.  Our contract instructs the vendor to take no action to harm the common area and holds them responsible for damage caused by mowing on moist soil.  Long grass after significant rain does not cause an increase in the mosquito population (standing water does).  However, the burst of newly hatched mosquitoes after rain will perch on grasses long and short throughout the neighborhood.

Twice per year, typically in early spring and late fall, the grass will be allowed to grow long enough to seed.  This allows the turf to replenish itself without requiring the HOA to purchase and apply seed and fertilizer.

If you see the grass unmowed and cannot recall a recent heavy rain event, please get in touch with Leland Management.  Areas occasionally get missed, and your reports allow us to correct the issue quickly. 

Q:  Who is responsible for trimming grass against homeowner fences?
A: To prevent damage to homeowner property, neither the HOA nor its landscaping contractor will trim grass against the exterior of a homeowner’s fence.  Homeowners are responsible for trimming the grass against the exterior side of their home’s fencing.

Q: I’d like to report a violation of the HOA covenants; who should I contact?
A:   We encourage homeowners to discuss concerns with their neighbors before involving the HOA whenever possible.  Covenant violation reports should be forwarded to the HOA’s management agent, Leland Management.  To contact management, use the Management Contact form to the left, the Homeowner Portal on the Leland Management website, or the contact information below.  Our community manager or staff will need to witness and document the issue before beginning any enforcement on behalf of the HOA.  Please do not use the 24-hour emergency number to report covenant violations.

Leland Management
1221 Admiralty Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955
Business Hours Phone:    321-549-0953

Q:  Can my guests use the neighborhood amenities too?
A:  Of course!  While common areas and neighborhood amenities are primarily provided for homeowners, your guests are also welcome. However, please remember that your guests must respect park rules just as a homeowner would and that you are responsible for their conduct while visiting.

Q: I’m buying or selling a house and need Estoppel Processing.
The HOA’s management agent handles estoppel processing.  Please use the link below to access Leland Management’s estoppel processing service. In addition, HOA documents (Declarations, Bylaws, etc.) are available on the HOA Docs page to the left or by contacting LeLand Management.

Strom Park HOA Estoppel Processing

Q: I’d like to make a change to my home or my yard. Do I need approval?
A:  Generally, the answer is yes.  The Central Viera Modification Review Committee (and their agent, Fairway Management) handles modification reviews for Strom Park.  To submit a modification request, use the link to the left and follow the directions for CVCA review.  As of October 2017, the Committee meets to review submissions on the first Wednesday of each month.

Sometimes, homeowners only need to notify the Modification Review Committee instead of waiting for approval.  Check the Strom Park Homeowner’s Handbook, or contact the Modification Review Committee for more information.

Q:  Is street parking allowed?
A:  The roads and adjacent sidewalks in Strom Park belong to Brevard County and are not under HOA control.  Brevard county allows overnight parking on the streets.  Cars must park on the right side for their direction of travel and be within 12 inches of the curb.  Brevard County code prohibits parked cars from blocking the flow of traffic, sidewalks, ramps, driveways, and fire hydrants.  Please get in touch with Brevard County Code Enforcement for restrictions on commercial vehicles, boats, trailers, and RVs.  BCSO has the authority to ticket violators on neighborhood roads if reported, though we strongly suggest homeowners discuss parking issues directly with their neighbors first.

We ask that homeowners be mindful of the neighborhood’s narrow streets and use their garages and driveways to park whenever possible.  This makes the community easier to move through for everyone.

Q: There’s an alligator in that pond!  Who should I call? 
A: Welcome to Florida, where dinosaurs roam the earth. It’s normal to see alligators in and around the neighborhood ponds, as they are connected to the St. Johns River system.  As a general rule (here and throughout Florida), assume that all bodies of water have alligators and take appropriate precautions.  Generally, alligators under 4 ft are not considered a nuisance by the state and are left alone unless they become unusually aggressive or get in your pool.  Alligators threatening people, pets, or property can be reported to the Florida Nuisance Alligator Program for removal.  Please remember when making a report that the program does not relocate alligators and that reported animals will be captured and euthanized.  

Florida Nuisance Alligator Program Site

Q:  Why are plants allowed to grow in the ponds throughout the community?
A:  Natural aquatic plantings are extremely beneficial to the health and natural cleaning of stormwater retention ponds in the neighborhood.  This vegetation prevents shoreline erosion, filters nitrogen and phosphorous from run-off to prevent algae blooms, and provides a habitat for the fish that consume mosquito larvae in the ponds.  Typical shoreline plants and a list of benefits can be found here.  The Viera Stewardship District (VSD) is responsible for maintaining the aquatic vegetation in Strom Park.  VSD does not plant the vegetation but instead monitors and controls the natural growth to promote the pond’s health.  Please get in touch with the VSD for more information on aquatic vegetation.

Q:  My home backs up to the common area, and the trees encroach on my house or pool enclosure.  What can be done?
A:  Most of the neighborhood common areas with tree cover are protected under easements granted to the Viera Stewardship District.  These easements require the HOA to leave the areas undisturbed.  Homeowners are permitted to trim branches and roots to the point where they cross onto homeowner property.  Homeowners cannot remove trees or clear brush and debris from the common areas.  

If a tree in the common area appears unstable or severely damaged, please get in touch with management immediately.  The HOA or the VSD will quickly send an evaluator, and the tree will be removed if it poses a danger to life or property.

Q:  Can homeowners reserve the pavilions for events?

A:  Yes!  Please use the Online Reservation Request Form or contact HOA management to reserve a pavilion.  A damage deposit will be required.  Pavilions can only be reserved for homeowner-hosted events (non-homeowner guests are welcome but are the homeowner’s responsibility).  Bounce houses require additional coordination with HOA management due to insurance restrictions.

Following the event, site clean up and removal of all event waste is the responsibility of the homeowner(s) hosting the party.  Please leave the pavilion in the same condition as before the party.

Q:  Is fishing allowed in the common areas?
A:  The builder stocked the lakes in our community to reduce the mosquito population and maintain the health of the aquatic environment.  Homeowners and their escorted guests are allowed to fish in these waters.  To keep the health of the lakes, only catch-and-release is permitted.  Florida Game and Wildlife regulations apply here, and a fishing license may be required.  Please be cautious of alligators that are known to frequent these waters.

Florida Freshwater Fishing Regulations (FWC)

Q:  How long can I leave up my hurricane/security shutters?
A:  Paraphrased from the CVCA Community-Wide Standard for Shutter Installations:
Shutters or shutter materials which are intended for use only as an emergency measure to prevent damage to a residence during a specific storm event may consist of plywood, boards, corrugated plastic, corrugated metal (provided with Strom Park homes), or any other material deemed suitable by an owner or tenant to protect a residence.  These “Emergency Materials” may be applied to a residence by any means available without the prior approval of the CVCA, provided the emergency materials are installed safely and securely immediately preceding a threatening storm event and removed immediately after all danger from such storm event has passed.  Under no circumstances may emergency materials be permanently affixed to a residence or remain in place except in connection with an imminent storm event. In addition, emergency materials may not be used for security purposes while a home is vacant or during periods in which the occupants are absent.

Permanent or periodic use storm/security (non-emergency) shutter installations require modification review committee approval before installation.

Q:  The mosquitoes have gotten worse!  What can I do?
A:  Please call Brevard County Mosquito Control and report our area, 41A.  (321) 952-4523.   Brevard county has a map that indicates areas recently completed and scheduled for treatment.  

Brevard County Mosquito Spray Areas Map

Q:  Where can I drain my pool?
A:  Per the Brevard County Code and the Strom Park Covenants, pool/spa water may not be drained into the ponds, drainage swales, storm drains, or the sanitary sewer system. Instead, pool/spa water should be drained into the yard of your property.

Q:  How do I dispose of landscaping debris?
Waste Management collects landscaping debris in Strom Park on behalf of Brevard County as part of the Tuesday collection.  Please note that per the Brevard County Code, landscaping contractors must haul away all waste generated by their activities.  

Yard waste must meet the following guidelines:
  • Branches, limbs, and palm fronds must be reduced in size not exceeding 4 feet in length, 24 inches in diameter, and 50 pounds in weight, separated from other solid waste, and placed at your designated collection point.
  • Leaves, grass clippings, pine needles, or shrubbery cuttings must be containerized in no larger than 40 gallons or less than a 5-gallon galvanized metal or durable plastic garbage can.
  • PLEASE NOTE: Using any bags (paper or plastic) for yard waste is prohibited.
  • Set your yard waste at the curb in time for residential collection, which begins at 6:00 a.m. and runs through 8:00 p.m.
Waste Management will pick up all properly prepared yard waste placed at the curb or at the designated collection point from each single-family and multi-family residence not less than one (1) time per week.

Click here for more yard waste information from the Brevard County Solid Waste Department.

Q:  How do I dispose of large/bulk items?
Waste Management collects large/bulk items on behalf of Brevard County.  Special collection solid waste will be collected once a week on your yard waste day (Tuesday in Strom Park).  Customers must call Waste Management at 636-6894 or 723-4455 for collection.

Click here for more information from Brevard County Solid Waste Department.